Saturday, December 9, 2006

Holidays and Holy Days?

Sometimes the holiday season can seem like the most un-spiritual time of the year. Today, stuck in Christmas shopping traffic, finding nothing of interest in a store I made a special trip to, being hungry, cold and tired, all put me in a foul mood. Enough to pack it in and just go home.

That's not how it's supposed to be, but I guarentee every shopper has gone through what I have gone through. And, really, for what? To end up angry? They've made black comedies about the savage ritual of present buying. That must mean this is a common experience.

I'm doing more shopping online this year than ever before. And I do believe my gift recipients will be somewhat surprised with my choices.

And since I feel for all my fellow shoppers out there, I am putting together my own list (making a list and checking it twice) of some great gift ideas I will be sharing with my mailing list in just a few days. Sign up for the monthly newsletter before then, and you will get my list of Great Gift Ideas for the Higher Evolved -- a name that just came to me now.

Sign up on our home page http://www.consciouskernels.com look for the little envelope icon on the right side of the screen. I'm sure there will be some gift ideas you had not considered or have not heard of. Frankly, these are the kinds of gifts to give to yourself! I always give myself a present for Christmas. I can't remember when that tradition started, but I think it is a great idea. If you are the kind of person who always puts yourself last, then you REALLY need to start giving yourself a present. You need this kind of "therapy" more than most.

Being kind to yourself, tending to your needs and wants, these are first steps to self-love. And as we are all learning in our quest of spiritual growth, everything begins with the self and self-contemplation. We will get into alot about self-contemplation in the new year. It is one of my favorite spiritual subjects. But for now, let's get through the holidays, let's try to enjoy the holidays, and let's try to remember why we celebrate them in the first place!

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment