Monday, September 3, 2012

More Thoughts About Thelma

It's been a month and a half since my beloved cat Thelma made her transition. My feelings of missing her come and go in waves.

I gave her unopened food and litter and toys to a friend with a cat. I donated her unused medicines to the vet clinic so that some other cat may benefit from them for free. I dropped off a few things at a cat shelter.

I washed out her food and water bowls and put them away. Saving them for another cat I hope to have one day, some day, in the future, in awhile, but not now.

Thelma had been having health challenges for the last 8 months, but the Life Force within her was so strong, she always bounced back after each episode or event. I marveled at the power of this Life Force, how life just wants to keep on living.

The end came fairly quickly. She hadn't been eating for about 5 or 6 days and then she got jaundiced very fast over the course of 24 hours. Her liver was failing and she was done. She was 19 years and 2 months, and I hope she was pleased with her life with me.

Ernest Holmes says death is but the shaking off of one garment and the donning of a new one. There can be no death when the Life Principle pervades everything. The forms are ever-changing, but the Life Force cannot be destroyed. Energy cannot be destroyed; it just gets redistributed. Spirit is eternal, therefore, we all are eternal.

No comments:

Post a Comment