Saturday, December 4, 2010

December Idea of the Month

Be the illumination in your life.

At this time of year in the Northern Hemisphere, the days are short and the nights are long. That means we need and use a lot more artificial light. I just set up a few Christmas decorations in the house and the decorations I like best are the candles and strings of mini-lights. I tend to turn off the lamps and let these twinkling lights illuminate the room. But why do I like that?

To me, it just seems more magical. More special. More cozy. But spiritually, keeping the room lights low allows me to focus on the soft glow of a candle flame and the pinpoint spots of illumination from the strings of lights. I observe and surround myself in those lights. And light, metaphysically speaking, is knowledge. It is wisdom. Light is understanding. It is one of the qualities of God. At this time of year when sunlight is scarce, it actually makes me think more about it. I can be the light in my life. I can be the wisdom and understanding of Truth. I can pay more attention to it and let my spiritual understanding expand.

Light a candle for yourself. Be the light in your life. Shine light on the world. It needs more understanding and wisdom.
Happy Holidays to all.

Until next time,
Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment