Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Website issues

For the months of November, December and January, you may have notices some issues with the website: www.consciouskernels.com. Some of you may have even been prevented from getting to the website by your virus protection program.

As it turns out, my webhosting company was hacked into some time in late November and was infected with malware. That malware became attached to a good many of the sites they host -- including ours. Although they said they had fixed the problem, they did not. Another problem, related to this malware or not, cropped up where I could not update any of the webpages. After trying to restore, then not restore the site as a whole, I asked to be moved to a new server. This seems to have fixed the malware issue.

But then Google had a problem recently where all their search results gave searchers a warning that the website they were going to had malware. I believe this is unrelated to my webhost's problem and Google has since corrected theirs.

So all should be well again. Please let me know if you receive any warnings when trying to visit the site.

No comments:

Post a Comment